Degreasing is a critical step in leather processing as inefficient removal of fats will result in dye patches and loose leather due to poor uptake of downstream chemicals and dyes. Proviera ProDegreaze is a degreasing agent used in beamhouse and wet end operations to release natural fats. Proviera ProDegreaze is highly effective at removing and dispersing natural grease from raw hides / skins and has positive influence on the layout of leather. Proviera ProDegreaze can also be used in wet end operations to achieve a more uniform uptake of retanning agents, dyes and fatliquors. Proviera ProDegreaze significantly reduces effluent load.
Proviera ProDegreaze has demonstrated its superior degreasing efficiency against skins and hides of fattiest of origins. Further, the non-foaming character also ensures savings in water usage. Proviera ProDegreaze can also be used along with Proviera ProSpread for wetting back of extremely dried wet-blue.
Proviera ProDegreaze is APEO / NPEO / OPEO free
Physical Form: Low pH light brown liquid
pH (1% Solution): 6.51 +/- 0.2
Operating range: 2.50-14.00 pH, 5°C to 60°C
Effective Substance: Blend of uncharacterised biochemicals derived from probiotics
Stability to electrolytes: Very stable to electrolytes used in tanneries
Storage: Store at room temperature; prevent from freezing
Safety Precautions: Non-hazardous, does not require any protective equipment for handling
The product is available in 25kg and 50kg barrels.
Proviera ProDegreaze provides you with the following advantages:
- Water savings: Reduces water requirements due to low foaming character
- High effieciency even at low dosages
- Reduced effluent load
- Better leather quality due to even dyeing and superior uptake of chemicals
- Can be applied along with bating enzyme for improved results
- Cow / Buff Hides: Apply at 0.3 % of hide weight at Liming Stage
- Sheep / Lamb Skins: Add 1.0-5.0% on pickled weight for degreasing sheep skins
- During bating, apply at 0.1 to 0.2 % along with bating enzyme
Wet end applications (based on shaved weight)
- For sheep / lamb skins apply 1.5 to 2% of hide weight (per stage) in 2 or 3 stages as necessary During bating, apply at 0.1 to 0.2 % along with bating enzyme
- For cow hides apply 0.2 to 0.3% of hide weight
Note: The data above are based on our current knowledge, experience and tests conducted. Processors are however requested to carry out their own tests.